Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh dear

I haven't written in weeks.  But I don't want to deal with my apparent failings, so I'm just going to change the subject now.

I have taken so many pictures lately.  With the West trip and two weddings and countless photographic events in between, my mind just isn't straight.  And then there's the editing.  Oh, the editing.  For those of you who don't know, I HATE editing.  Well, I hate it and love it.  I love it when I know I've taken an awesome picture that will only be better by fiddling with it.  And then I hate it because I know there are about 1000 more that I don't really like that I will have to edit so that they look decent.  Also, thanks to digital, I can discriminate between multiple shots that I've taken and it doesn't cost me rolls of film.  No thanks to digital, I have to discriminate between multiple shots I've taken.

Brian says, "why don't you hire a minion to do that work for you".  Well, Mr. O'Dell, a) I don't trust any minions and b) I don't have money with which to entrust to said minion.  Maybe someday.  For now, I'm just going to power through until my eyes start to glaze over...which probably isn't very healthy for my perfect vision (I boast, I know).

Oh, and the west trip.  More to come I promise.  It was a go-go-go kind of trip with very limited internet access, so that's why I didn't update more.  And you ask, "well, that was three weeks ago Emily, and we know you've had internet since."  Well, to quote the great Dwight Schrute, "Quiet you!"

So here's your smorgasbord of pictures, served up hot, cafeteria style.
This was growing in the front yard. Lovely.


                         I really loved my little green nest of plants. Thanks dogs for destroying it.

                                                                       Mother's Day
Free porch swing before. 

                                                              Free porch swing after.



                                                                         Wedding.

                                                                          Wedding.

                                                                         Gardening.
Moses is big.


The pets are friends. Sort of.
Mose loves the dirt.


Ruffin Potter.

2 comments:

TerryB said...

Your post and the pictures are delightful. Can you take a good picture of berry-stained fingers to put on my recent post to replace the crummy one I scrounged from the internet? Just kidding. Keep on editing so we can have that CD.

emily remington said...

you have been busy!! love your photos, as always. so good to see you and b this yesterday!