Sooooo I meant to post more often and now I'm about to have a baby! I don't know how there are moms who do all the things they do...I'm not even a mom yet and I can't update a blog once a month. Sorry Jack, I'll try my best.
Things have been busy, busy...but what's new?
I'm on Fall Break this week (yay!) so we're trying to get a lot accomplished. And by a lot I mean that there are about 30 things I have on a to-do list...and they aren't quick and easy! We'll see how much we get done.
Here are some photos for a quick update.
 |
| 35 and 36 weeks respectively. Will it ever go back in? |
 |
| The kind of supper we've been eating lately. Sans beer for me. But what else would you eat when watching Parks and Rec? |
 |
| Lou on her last XX run ever |
 |
| She's pretty great |
 |
| So. I had these runners that I made for our wedding reception and have hung onto them for (almost) 5 years and I'm glad I did because they have become a FREE "closet door". Of course I'd rather have closet doors, but I'd rather have FREE closet doors. I'm also using the same runners for bumper cribs since I CAN'T FIND YELLOW HOUNDSTOOTH FABRIC ANYWHERE! I am seriously still so disappointed about this. Once I get an idea stuck in my head....my newest design obsession with Jack's room (to give it a boyish, yet "classy"/rustic feel is a calf skin rug. So, if you know of anyone who has one.... |
|
|
|
 |
| Finally finished the "day gown" (aka, "dress", aka "Dr's coat" aka, have you figured out that Mr. B doesn't "care" for these type of old fashioned baby clothes?) Bethan's mom is an amazing teacher and even though I'll probably never make more than one "gown" per child (if there are more children to come) I really enjoyed learning and had a lot of fun! Also yes, that is "Breaking Dawn" vampire book on the floor. And it's there because I'm giving it away. So shameful, but I'm not going to lie...entertaining...although that last one was kind of gross. |
|
 |
| Pretty proud of that piping. |
 |
| Closet full of little clothes |
 |
| Of course I couldn't just have plain, white burp cloths. So I spent lots of extra time doing the unnecessary...as usual. |
 |
| But I just love making things "better", so it's worth it. |
 |
| I keep moving everything around in this room, but it's hard to get it all straight without the crib (see below for progress). This wall needs...alot of something. Maybe shelves? I just don't know. |
 |
| Reminder that I need to paint over that lead paint on this door.... |
 |
| Bassinet has been moved to our room. Just getting ready. |
 |
| Starting on the bumper pads. I love finding stuff that will work for free! |
 |
| I'll do a whole "tutorial" on the crib when it's finished, but here's the plan B did in Google sketch up |
 |
| And here's the headboard. One more piece needs to be glued on and then the sides and front can be built! |
 |
| It took Mr. B "f-o-r-e-v-e-r" to carefully sand down all of the old headboard. We'll put a stain on it, but I really like this natural color. |
 |
| And of course Mr. Jack now has a bicycle (adding to our "collection"), but we couldn't pass this one up. It's an old Schwinn, like mine, is tiny and was $3 at a garage sale. He'll be riding it in a year I'm sure. |
 |
| Annnnddd some house stuff. We're planning on painting the outside of the house this week-hooray! and Mr. B wanted to go ahead and make the planter a little smaller (it extends too far into the driveway), but he doesn't like to wait for me to move the plants.... |
 |
| Filling holes in the brick. I can't believe we're actually going to paint (fingers crossed). We bought the paint about a year ago because it was on sale, but due to...everything...we haven't started yet. Here's to hoping I'll post some new pictures of our soon to be better looking home! | | | | | |
|
|
|
That's it for now! Hopefully I'll post again before little man gets here....but we'll see!
Love,
Em
2 comments:
I just love your blog Em. It makes me happy. Your comments are so clever and funny :) PS I'm listening to LesMis.
It looks like you will have an adorable nursery, but I think the name plaque is my favorite. It's lovely. I can;t wait to see pictures of your little boy, I'm sure he will be precious. Also, well done with the gown you made, I wish I could take lessons from Bethan's mamma.
Post a Comment