Monday, March 26, 2012

Whoops

I totally started this a month ago and just realized on Sunday that I never finished it.  Whoops.

Oh my goodness, month three flew bye.  I suppose much of that had to do with going back to work. I feel as if we've made a lot of adjustments this month and settled into a routine.  Jack has also changed a lot which is really fun!

First change: no more nursing.  Y'all I stressed about this and worried about it and felt guilty about it so much, but the fact of the matter is I just didn't have enough for little J bird.  We went three and a half months and I'm proud I went that much.  Of course I'll try again next time (if there is a next time) and at first  I was a little disappointed in myself, but after a few days and much less stress we felt this was really an ok decision.  I can't say it was "the best" decision for Jack (trust me I debated, "is it worth it for him to get maybe 4 oz a day from me"), but it was the best decision for me (waking up at 5am to try to feed him, giving him 4oz after, getting myself and Jack ready to go, feeding him a little more, going to the babysitters, trying to use the b.p during my one 20 minute break of the day aka "lunch" and getting 1 oz maybe, rushing home to try to feed him again and then still giving him the extra oz, then trying to lesson plan/feed/grade/"cook"/do laundry/clean the house....not go crazy was just getting to be too much). It took me a really long time to come around to that decision, but I can honestly say I feel fine about it now (thanks for the encouragement all of you!).  Jack's doing great, eating like a pig, but still not overweight in the slightest...must be all that standing and moving he does!

Second change: Babysitter.  One of my student's mom lives right next to the high school and she's great!  "Nanny P" sends me text updates, plays with J, washes his clothes when he pees/poops/slobbers all over them, magically gets him to sleep more than 20 minutes at a time (which I am still incapable of) and she even made us banana bread last week!  We're so blessed to have someone so great to watch our baby J.

Third change: This one has been one of my favorites and I hope I don't sound like a bad mother...Jack can entertain himself!  This has just started this week I think and it has been SO helpful.  Brian and I were both talking today about how we'll set him on the play mat or in his swing and after ten minutes we get nervous and think, "oh gosh, I'm pretty sure he's going to start screaming any second" and then he doesn't!  Yesterday he was playing by himself for 30 minutes! Amazing!  I know, there are some of you who would do nothing but just hold your baby all day long.  I love Jack.  I love, love, love him, but I can't do any one thing all day. Does that make me a bad mother? Nah. I don't think so.

Let's see, he laughs more. Has been ravenously hungry, got his second does of vaccines and is just still adorable.  He's getting so much bigger (we had to adjust his car seat)!  I love how his personality has really started to develop and that makes up for my sadness that he's getting so big.  He's still a little on the "slender" (as the doctor calls it) side.  I think he was in the 25th percentile for weight (which is way better than last time), 50th for height and, humorously something like the 90th for head circumference.  Lots of brains I guess.

He's still not sitting up, but continues to roll over from his stomach to back.  He really doesn't like being on his stomach very much and that has me convinced why he doesn't roll from his back to his stomach-haha.

I guess that's about it, seeing as I'm writing this two weeks before he turns four months.  I keep thinking of things he's done this month.  Guess the 4 month post will be short.  Oh well!  Here are some shots from his 4 month photo shoot.









He looks really huge in this picture


I'm glad he's getting used to having a camera stuck in his face...for the rest of his life.


2 comments:

Vanessa Washburn said...

I like that you said he's getting used to the camera. Recently Haley has been rebelling against my camera. I guess she figures that she's already had a lifetime's worth of pictures taken and she's done. Maybe it just means I won't have to worry about her wanting to be a model when she's older.
Also, Jack is precious! And he does look huge in the last 2 or 3 pictures.

Natalie Shew said...

Gorgeous post. You are going to be SO glad you wrote these. I'm so proud of you sis for being such an AMAZING woman and mother.