Monday, March 10, 2014

8/52


I've been trying to get caught up with pictures, but we see how that's turned out. One of these days I'll be on track. One of these days.

I can't believe how big this kid is now. I always check on him before I go to sleep and found myself so surprised at just how big he looked in his crib last night. He's certainly not "baby Jack" anymore and he's not a toddler either. He's a true "little kid" I guess. 

It's crazy and seemingly vain perhaps (?), how much I love this little man. I just can't stop looking at him. Sometimes I catch myself wondering "where did he come from?" Obviously...I remember, but he just changes so much every day it seems. He's funny. He's wild. He's exhausting. But it's hard to go more than a day without seeing him, hearing him.

He's a real rascal and quite an arm-full, but I don't know what we'd do without him. I hope we're doing him good. I'm sure we aren't in many ways and it won't be the last time, but I hope we're at least teaching him Good. 

I know my pictures are all of Jack, but I guess all my time is spent with him, and cleaning, and cooking, and teaching and grading...and he's by far the more interesting of subjects. I need to find a way to help myself "branch out" in terms of photography, but I only want to take pictures of people and I need to get some more people in my life. 

I'll work on that.

2 comments:

Natalie Shew said...

I love what you wrote here, and this picture is the very essence of "Jack". Love you two!

Joanna said...

Well done sis. It's okay, everyone loves Jack. But if you do need more people to shoot *mmh, mmh*