Friday, November 26, 2010

Natalie and Aaron's engagement shoot 1

To continue with the thankfulness theme.....

I love taking pictures and I find myself really compelled to do so.  I see things in photographs I guess.  I'm not writing an artist's statement here (and don't consider myself an artist), but I feel the need to make myself respond to something emotionally and to mimic the creation around me.  I'm thankful for the ability to do that and to share that with others.

I love most of all photographing people.

I saw a friend's post on facebook to earn free Shutterfly Christmas cards and jumped at the opportunity.
If you haven't used Shutterfly before, they are great.  Their pictures are quality and they make the best cards!  They have every style from trendy to modern to romantic to plain simplistic-anthro-style.  I also made a photo book with their software for Natalie of our adventures in France and it turned out great...and I'm picky.  Oh, and I made a card to send out with our new address when we moved. They were really cute.  So what's my angle?  I know this goes against my usual blog post themes, but they promised me 50 free cards if I wrote a post about them and why I like them so much, but I'm going to do one better.  This is why I need those 50 free cards.

These two....are getting married.  My little sis Natalie and her fiance Aaron.  They are getting married in May and got to come down for Thanksgiving.  In the midst of potato mashing, turkey stuffing and chocolate peanut butter cake with ganache making, we were able to sneak away for a few minutes and get these great shots.























I love a gingko tree.  Aren't they cute?

So, I would LOVE to use the shutterfly cards for a save the date/engagement card for them!

Thank you Shutterfly for this opportunity!

3 comments:

You Suck If You... said...

Ahhhh! I love it. You are so wonderful. Great blog post and I love the pics you took! Love you.

nataliebernardini said...

This is Natalie, by the way. I signed into the wrong account. Haha

TerryB said...

The pictures are lovely, lovely.