Wednesday, October 3, 2012

10 months real quick

I'll probably regret that I didn't spend very much time on the 10 month post, but that's what I get for being lazy, distracted, tired, busy, avoidant...whatever.

So, Jack's 9th month was full of lots of fast moving.  I think I said last month that he had started pulling up on everything, and he has only gotten faster and crazier since. It seems amazing to me that one day he just crawls, and then the next he pulls up, and then the next he's standing in the middle of the room. Just standing there.  All by himself.  He hasn't started walking yet, but I bet it will be before he's a year....which is SO soon!

He's really starting to get more of a personality.  He really does a temper tantrum fuss when you pry the dog food out of his chubby little hands.  He makes, "Mmmm" sounds when he's eating and bobs his head and smiles when he wants more.

Mom got one of those now-outlawed-baby-walkers from a friend and he has really had fun in that.  We don't have any stairs so I think it's relatively safe.  He loves being independent and it keeps him from getting into everything, but at the same time, he gets to move.  Mr. B and I have taken him out to the garage some...especially when we were working on the chicken coop!

Yes. We finally have more pets in the form of chickens!

One of my teacher friends at my old school has a farm (I think she has maybe 50 chickens, 5 or 6 horses, a donkey, a goat, a bunch of turkeys and like 7 random dogs-I LOVE it!)  She had always brought me fresh, free range chicken eggs which Mr. B LOVED.  So, finally, I convinced Mr. B to make a coop, and my friend gave us three of her chickens!  We're still working out the kinks of managing the coop, and they aren't laying a ton (I get one egg a day), but I'm told they go through stages.  

Here are a few pics from the past month.  There all I have on the laptop and the goal for me tonight is to get a blog post up, not for it to be super good, cute, with great pics.

I feel like last month is blending into this month, so I'll stop and go write the one for next week!  Hopefully it will be better and filled with beautiful pictures!





Chanticleer



Henny Penny









No comments: