Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Eleven Months

I can't believe that in 15 days I will have a one year old.  It doesn't seem like it's been a whole year and when I think back to this time last year, it seems so strange.

I'll write a good long post in celebration of J-bird's first year, but for now, here's a look at the past month and some fun shots from the pumpkin patch!

This past month, Baby J has just become his own little person.  Ok, I know, he's always been his own person, but now he is Jack. And he's becoming more and more, "Jack" every day.  You know, the awesome thing about having a baby is that it's like having a new toy that never gets old because it is constantly doing something new.  Gosh I just love him so much.

Jack is still not walking (I guess I thought he would since he's been scooting around tables and couches for a few months now), but I'm sure, as usual, he will walk when he's good and ready.

He's been eating more and different types of food lately.  We've kind of started giving him some of what we've been eating (with exceptions of course).  It's been nice that he wants to feed himself as I can give him pieces of chicken, grapes, vegetables, cheese and he's not only entertained, but he's learning.  He is not picky at all-which is awesome. I don't really know when babies get picky.  He loves spinach and fruit and really likes chicken.  He's such a good baby, I have no complaints.

His sleeping habits have changed a little.  He now, usually, wants to be cuddled and rocked for a few minutes before we put him in his crib.  This is really the first time that he's been cuddly!  It will only last for a few seconds and then he insists on pulling my nose or sticking his hand in my mouth, and then we usually go to the crib, but those few moments are just wonderful.

OH and another thing he started doing, which is just the absolute best, is hugging!!!!!  He usually only does it when I haven't seen him in a while (morning, after naps and when I get home from school), but when I pick him up, he'll just squeeze me!  It is the best, best, best.  He's also given me a "kiss" a few times too!  He's so precious.  Maybe someday I'll go back to writing about something that isn't Jack, but I don't know.  I'm obsessed with him.  I don't think people without babies can understand that.  Maybe they can, but it's just different.   It makes me feel sad for people who can't have babies and don't get to experience this. We're very blessed.

The most notable difference that has been coming, is the change in his personality.  It's like he knows how to be funny and how to be cute.  He's gotten into tilting his head to one side and then the other, back and forth and smiling. It is SO cute.  I'm sure he learned it from someone.  He's really started mimicking people lately.  He claps on his own, "dances" when familiar music comes on ("The Office"-whoops and "Curious George"-his FAV), and he was laughing at me during the impromptu dance party I had last night listening to Beyonce. I know, I am funny...looking. Whatever.  ALSO, I know you aren't going to believe me and I'll have to put up a video, but this kid knows how to snap. Seriously. Like West Side Story. I'm pretty sure we have the coolest baby ever.

Well, I have three papers to write this week, evaluation docs to fill out, lessons to plan and to top it off, I'm sick, sick, sick.  But I'm glad I took the time to do this.  It's important to me and I think I'll be happy I did it in the end.

1 year, here we come!

He loves playing the piano

And he's always on his toes

That pumpkin was 1100 lbs. Go see it. It's amazing.

He was not very interested in smiling. Or posing. Or sitting still. Oh well.




He just wanted to hug and climb on the pumpkins

And be crazy





And eat the pumpkins


He didn't want to pose or smile much this time. Only crazy face.




3 comments:

TerryB said...

Beautiful pictures.

Natalie Shew said...

I am soaking up all of the goodness in this post. You are a fabulous mama and I am obsessed with my nephew. Adorable photos.

Bech and Marley Evans said...

The pumpkin pictures...oh my goodness...I could die! Jack is TOO cute!